Thursday, March 24, 2011

I'm gonna go right ahead and say it...

...I don't like our state bird.

For those of you that don't know me, well, that's silly, I don't think many people are reading this yet, but I live in Connecticut and our state bird is the robin. Seeing how Spring is upon us, except for that little snow storm this morning, my least favorite bird has been popping up everywhere. Am I wrong in thinking our state bird should be a full time Connecticut resident? Why not the cardinals, who tough out the winter? I never get tired of seeing a bright flash of red as a cardinal darts across the snow. Or the sparrows? They're adorable and completely overlooked. Nope. We get the robin, the Johnny Come Lately of the bird world. Hey, the weather is nice, I'm gonna fly on back to Connecticut and bully the locals so I can have all the worms I can eat!



I mean, just look at it. Fat, pompous, loud bird. They aren't even easy on the eyes. No, I think the robin is one ugly thrush. I hope the neighbors cat picks off a couple of the buggers.

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious. I think the seagull would serve as a better state bird for CT than the robin. Big, loud, fisherbirds, unphased by people...perfect.

    ReplyDelete