Thursday, December 18, 2014

Call it Arson & TPoBPaH at the Space 11.19.14


We're going to jump right into another set of concert photos to get these all posted before the year is up! These photos are from the Space in Hamden, same as the last batch I posted, but with one huge difference: the lights were turned on! The Space is essentially a basement with black walls and the light is hardly ever turned up. I was also able to set up a quick custom white balance before the bands came out. The bass drum had a white face, so I metered off of that and was able to correct for the yellow tones of the stage lights. These might be the cleanest photos I've taken color wise all year.

Call it Arson is a local Connecticut band with a large following. I got pushed around by the audience a good amount and needless to say, I had no room to move during their set. I kept the same spot, so there isn't much variation in the way of angles. The Pains of Being Pure at Heart had a much more mellow set, but I enjoyed it far more. The audience definitely thinned out, so I was able to move around as much as I wanted.

Call it Arson


























The Pains of Being Pure at Heart































You might be wondering if I gave up on my favorite shot of the night. Silly readers, that's not the case at all. I still take shoe shots at most concerts, but I haven't posted them in a long time. I'm thinking of doing a side photo project with them, which is why I've been keeping them to myself. However, I really enjoyed these two and thought I'd share.




No comments:

Post a Comment